Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Father's Day

We had a wonderful weekend celebrating Mark's 2nd Father's Day with Max. It is so much fun to watch my two boys playing together. It makes me so happy to know that Max will grow up and learn how to play baseball, go fishing and have a close relationship with his Daddy. Growing up, I was always a "Daddy's Girl" and I have to say that hasn't changed. I know that my Dad would be there for me at any given second. He is a wonderful example of what a great father is. I am so glad that Max loves his Papaw as much as I do. :) Our day started out going to church. Mark sang a special song called "He wants to be like me" and had me crying within the first few words. It talks about a little boy wanting to be just like his daddy. The daddy wants to show him the love of Christ. It was beautiful and a perfect song for Father's Day. It really reminded me that he watches everything we do and learns from that. Kinda puts things in perspective.

After church, we spent the day together as a family. We had a cook-out and went swimming for the rest of the day. It was wonderful. I am so thankful that I have Mark and Max in my life. They are my world. They are my everything and I am so lucky. Sometimes I take the simple things in life for granted and weekends like these show me that I need to cherish everything I have been blessed with. I am lucky to have these two...

Yes, I know...he looks just like his Daddy. ;)
Hope you all had a wonderful Father's Day and celebrated with the people you love.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know Mark sings - I love that song! Max is blessed to have such wonderful parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachel! Mark sings at church all the time and has a great voice. We are the lucky ones to have such a sweet baby boy. :)

    ReplyDelete