Friday, March 25, 2011

Strep Throat...UGH

Strep Throat.

My poor baby woke up with a fever on Wednesday morning. He seemed fine, just burning up. I went on to work and hoped it was nothing. My Mom keeps Max while I work and she called to tell me he had a temperature over 100. I called the doctors office and knew that they would tell me to wait it out and call back Thursday if he still had a fever. Anticipating he had a virus I did just that. We alternated the tylenol and motrin and couldn't get his fever below 99. Mommy was scared. You would think being a nurse I would understand how these things work. However, when it comes to my baby nursing judgement goes out the window. Seriously.

We went to the doctor yesterday and the nurse walked in and asked what was going on. I knew what they were going to do. And let me tell you, when they had to swab the back of his throat I had to try my hardest not to cry with him. It was horrible. :( And we got the dreaded diagnosis of strep throat.

So, our weekend is going to consist of lots of TLC from Mommy. We are resting on the couch today, watching cartoons and his new movie Bambi.

And hoping he feels better fast. And that this scratchy throat I woke up with this morning is just allergies. Now I am off to get my boy his popcicle. :)

2 comments:

  1. Poor Max Man. He looks so pitiful in his bed. I hope he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Max and Mommy! There is nothing more helpless than being a mommy to a sick little baby, esp a mommy's boy! I totally understand! Hoping you both feel better! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete